I wrote my first novel in elementary school -- it was 3 pages long, one paragraph and single spaced. The genre was alternate history!
I'm still doing it.
I like these guys: Ambrose Bierce, Charles Bukowsiki, John Steinbeck, Kurt Vonnegut, Robet Heinline, Jack Kerouac, Harlan Ellison, Mark Twain, etc.
I used to teach full time; now I write full time.
I've got three books under my proverbial belt -- soon to be FIVE!
- You Say You Want a Revolution: Rock Music in American Culture [Non Fiction]
- The Mission [SF/Alt Hist - R]
- Hitler The Cat Goes West [Near Future Satire - NC-17]
- A New Birth of Freedom: The Visitor [SF/Alt-Hist/Time Travel/First Contact]
(Alternate Dimensions Press -- imprint of Cyberwizard Productions)
- Rock Music in American Culture: You Say You Want a Revolution?
(McFarland & Company, Inc.)
I was born in Baltimore -- now live in California: Two very different places -- in every sense of the word.
Me: Type A -- Anal Retentive -- OCD -- Roue wanna-be
I'm now writing SF/Alternate History [aka Speculative Fiction]...exclusively.
RE: A New Birth of Freedom: The Visitor [part one of a trilogy]
Here's the blurb:
"It has taken centuries to recognize that all humans possess certain unalienable rights. There will come a time when we have to consider whether others deserve those rights as well.
That time will come on July 3rd, 1863."