Ken Qualls is an orained Southern Baptist bi-vocational pastor. He answered the call to preach while a junior in high school. His pastor and his wife were surprised because they thought that God would use him as a professional comedian.
He has written many article appearing in newspapers in the Midwest. His first article almost thirty years ago was a guest editorial in the Illinois Baptist.
Ken is currently pastoring a small rural church in Southern Illinois and has a desire to help small struggling churches to grow and survive.
Bible reading and prayer played an integral part in my life. The Bible and the dictionary were two important books in our home.
A few of the many people who had an impact on my life besides my parents include:
- Charles Clement my uncle, gospel singer, friend and mentor
- Cecil Blackwood -- friend, gospel singer, and mentor
- J D Sumner -- friend, gospel singer, and mentor
- James Blackwood -- friend, gospel singer, and mentor
- Robert J. Hastings -- writer, editor, story teller, friend and mentor
- Adrian Rogers -- mentor