Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
March Sixteenth, Evening
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
Looking out the window
at the night outside:
a lone streetlamp
shoves darkness aside,
revealing hidden mysteries;
a cat stalks the
cars sit, quiet now,
in neat rows
in the parking lot;
down the sidewalk ...
and I sit, writing
poetry about it all.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Excellent write as always Karla
|Reviewed by F William Broome
|Perception is a gift, and you have been given much.
This as reflective as we get in appreciataing the simple moments.
You capture, not only quiet events, but you take our hearts, too.
|Reviewed by C. McGovern-Bowen
|Oh my! You've really captured the "ether" herein, Karla.
Very nice; superb read; much talent!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Now this is called serenity..well done !!
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|This is beauty by itself. What a classic poem you penned my dear sister.
Thanks karla, you and karen are in my prayers.
|Reviewed by Dawn Richerson
|what a simply satisfying poem, Karla. sorry I've missed so many lately. just been busy and distracted. once again, visiting your den is an inspiration to get to it and write! thank you, Dawn|
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|It's a good way to live, Karla. We are writers, we eat, drink, sleep, and breathe it. One has to open the mind's eye to see it all, and then put it down in poetic ink, the universal scribe, let the world see it all, baby!
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|I almost missed this one;-) Another gem Karla! You are growing in leaps and bounds! Hard to keep up with you;-) I'm so happy to see the bloom! Kudo's!
|Reviewed by Aberjhani
|Fortunately for those of us who love your work, you are also inclined to share it. Of course, much more is going on behind the scribblings of the pen but one is nevertheless obligated to say: Thank you.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Thats poetry, just daily goings on...Ed|
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|You've said so much a photograph is built from your words. Exciting and quiet of the night with the shadows of a skateboarder like a trespasser in the night. The vision is awesome and made real by your words. Most excellent.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|a vivid capture ... you caught the moment well ...|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Yes, indeed you are, Karla, and writing wonderfully about it all at that.|
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Good thing you do 'sit and write poetry about it all', so we can enjoy the images you draw with words,
love and hugs, Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Wonderful imagery in this write; very well done! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Vivid piece that puts the reader right into the scene and lets him share your night with you.