Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
One thin blanket is
all that separates my nakedness
from prying eyes -
please don't ask me to lower it.
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (1/10)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|I love the way you have so simply & poetically expressed vulnerability. I feel this way sometimes!
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge Poetess Of The Heart
|Metaphorically genius Karla.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Karla, a truly beautiful write. So much said in so few words. Your poetry just gets better and better.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I love this write, and that image is amazing
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|OOOOHHHH! Daring write here Karla.
Love and blessings!
|Reviewed by Rebecca Lerwill
|Great image, Kalra. It underlines your words well.
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|The graphic image that you have chosen very effectively serves to complement your message. Thank you, Karla. Love and best wishes to you,
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Wow this is kinda hot. I like it.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|totally fantastic pic and poem! You are on a roll Karla!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Don't need...I am already under it...
|Reviewed by Charlie
|It is, like Karen said, painfully beautiful and vulnerable even in it's speaking of vulnerability. You are gifted. I know what you mean about the blanky being pryed away. It's painful. --Can't resist sometimes, though-- when there's a beauty there that just gleams through the thin fibers. I want to just peel down a corner and take a peek... and sometimes some revealed souls are not as forgiving as you... Love ya! --Charlie|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
I won't ask for you to lower that blanket, but you need to take a good, hard look at yourself and try to figure out what's really going on inside. I am sorry you are feeling bad; you are indeed in my prayers! Please know I love you and care for you; you are a wonderful poet/photographer; don't let the comments of others bring you down. They don't know you like I do; they don't know any better. Just dust yourself off, try to move on. That's what you've told me. Don't be afraid; you write for YOU. Deep pain very well expressed.
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Ah, come on, you know you wanna . . . Sure ya do . . . Gotta love it . . .|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|I surely won't. It is truly up to each of us to decide just how much we wish to reveal to others.|