There is a time to hold on and a time to let go to receive the greater blessings
A man and woman married and after several births, the woman finally gave birth to a son. What a beautiful baby he was but she had to keep him secretly hid because his life was threatened by the King. When she could no longer hide him, she got a little basket, fixed it up so it would float, put the baby in the basket, and set it sail down the river.
“Daughter,” she said, “Would you keep an eye on the basket. Just maybe…”
She was hopeful that her son would be saved. Not too long afterwards the daughter came running, “Mama, mama, you will never guess what happened?”
“What, What,” the mother said.
“The King’s daughter pulled the basket from the water.”
The mother breathed a sigh of relief.
“Go back and see where they are going to take it?
As she approached she saw the woman holding the basket, looking down at her little brother. She could see that the cries of her baby brother had captured the woman’s heart.
The girl fearlessly stepped forth: “Should I go and find a nurse to care for him?”
“Yes,” said the woman, without even looking up from this little boy who had captured her attention.
The girl, using wisdom, ran and got her mother, the natural mother of the boy.
When they returned the woman said, “Take him home and nurse him for me. I will pay you.”
So the mother obeyed.
The story of Moses life offers so many lessons if we would receive them:
• Whatever is done in the dark will soon come to light.
• Sometimes you have to take chances.
• Someone else may hold the key to your next level.
• Keep your eye on the prize.
• Watch for guardian angels.
• It’s never over until it’s over.
• God’s angels are waiting to assist you.
• Obedience is better than sacrifice.
• Don’t dwell on your rough start in life.
• Be bold. Be confident. Some situations will require that.
• Wisdom is not just for older people.
• Value every incident in your life. Learn from it.
• Work with what you have.
• Know when to fight. Know when to submit.
All of these lessons from one simple story.