Did you know…?
Many of the cleaning products we use have toxic substances.
Some of the cleaning products we use that carry these toxic substances are:
- drain cleaners
- oven cleaners
- laundry detergents
- floor polish
- furniture polish
- And many more…
Toxic substances have chemicals or mixtures that may be harmful to the environment and to human health if inhaled, swallowed, or absorbed through the skin.
I get the shivers when I think about this subject matter because most of the products we use carry toxins. When you clean your home for instance, you can smell the chemicals in the air. Many companies that produce cleaning products choose to hide these toxic smells with the offset of lavender, citrus, orange or the many other pretty smells they mix with the cleaning solutions.
We are inhaling poisons into our bodies when we clean. We wash our clothes with solutions that carry toxins and we wear the clothes that have been exposed to toxins. What is being absorbed into our skin? Are we setting ourselves up for disaster? Cancer is on a rise, epilepsy, autism, asthma, ask yourself why? Are the products we use in our home a contributing factor to these illnesses and diseases?
While these products clean and disinfect our home, some of the chemicals in these products can irritate your shin, eyes, nose and throat, or can even poison children and pets.
If you are concerned and you want to start, cleaning your home with safer products you may want to begin by considering using a homemade glass cleaner. Here is how:
· 1 cup rubbing alcohol
· 1 cup water
· 1 tablespoon vinegar
Using isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar together makes a quickly evaporating spray glass and mirror cleaner that competes with national brands. This can also be used to give a nice shine to hard tiles, chrome, and other surfaces.
Remember, it is great to live in a clean home as long as you are not harming the ones who live there.
Stacey Chillemi author of
The Complete Herbal Guide: A Natural Approach to Healing the Body