When she was working on her doctorate degree, Author Melvia Miller (Price) was named--
"YOUNG PROFESSIONAL WOMAN OF YEAR"
by National Association of Negro Business & Professional Women in Detroit, MI.
Majoring in "Instructional Design" in graduate school, and having worked as a Training Manager for several large corporations, this author had the opportunity to examine many different learning models.
And after several years of successfully teaching inner city youth that had been labeled: “disadvantaged“ ...or “un-teachable”---because of their difficulties -- Melvia Miller developed a system of exercises and games that spiced up her classes and made school more enjoyable.
She has received many awards, honors, and scholarships...including being named to:
* WHO''S WHO in American Universities & Colleges (Ball State Univ.)
* Alumni Scholarship (Univ. of Mich.)
* STRATHMORE''S WHO''S WHO in Professional Leadership
* "Young Professional Woman of the Year" by NANBPW
* Recipient of "Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship ....for Outstanding Minority Students"-- @Univ. of Mich. ( Ann Arbor )