Spiritual Fulfillment (Ways to Nurture Fulfillment ), gives the following ways to develop spiritual fulfillment in our walk with the Lord:
· Apply Arrow Prayers – Short three or four word prayers like Nehemiah 6:9 “Strengthen my hands.”
· Boldly Request God’s Blessing – Use the prayer of Jabez as your guide.
· Cultivate Godly Awareness – As you go about your day, constantly look for where God is working and join Him.
· Dig Deep with Expository Teaching and Study – Substitute topical study with expository for study, teaching, or preaching.
· Experiment with Active Listening – In your normal attendance at church, listen for God speaking to you –focusing all senses on hearing from God.
· Face our sins – Nothing can zap spiritual vitality and fulfillment more than living with un-confessed sins.
· Guard your minds by memorizing key scriptures while waiting at doctor offices, food lines, or other routine stops that require down time.
· Hear God’s Word Preached with Plans for Immediate Application – Take notes of sermons and resolve to do at least one thing to live out what you heard.
· Invite God into Every Decision You Make – both minor and major decisions.
· Judge Your Progress with a Quarterly Check-list – This 30 second check-off is ideal to gauge personal spiritual fulfillment.
Using the letters A-J, each fulfillment step is easily remembered. The article quotes from religious leaders, personal anecdotes, statistics, and practical ideas.