Filmmaker/Director Wendy Crouse to Film Sage Sweetwater's Jett Durango
Photo: Wendy Crouse, Filmmaker/Director
In talks last week and today with Filmmaker/Director Wendy Crouse, Sage Sweetwater and Wendy Crouse are shooting for a June 2011 Film Development date for Sage Sweetwater's Lesbian Western script Jett Durango. Sage will forward the finished script to Wendy in June or before. It is currently being adapted to screen by Sage Sweetwater from her book Night of the Foal: The New Riders of the Purple Sage dedicated to C.G. McGovern-Bowen and Blue Sleighty. Jett Durango is the original collaborative writing byline of lesbian authors Sage Sweetwater and Blue Sleighty. Jett Durango is the fictional character thought up by Sage Sweetwater to assume Sage Sweetwater's alter ego. The character is geared to deliver lesbian erotic western pulp fiction through Sage Sweetwater's poetry and prose for film and television.
The lesbian western script glorifies the frontier years of the America West set late 1800s in the Powder River area of Montana. The script deals with religion and preachers of that era. Jett Durango is the wild, untamed woman of the west. She fights for her life and her right to love who she chooses. She forges the firebrand scars of her spurs on the backside of the devils who pursue her, although at times, Jett is tethered, tame ... and consumed in this flame that defines her vindication. Jett (Sage) will quill the story, the presses will roll ...
and she will live on, despite the noose with the word 'lesbian' burned red in the braid reserved for her neck.
Here is the list of Sage Sweetwater's film properties currently in Development and Production
1. From the Convent to the Rawhide: The Saga of Sadie Cade and Vi Montana (Development/Pre-Production/Production/Distribution) Screenplay by Tim Riley - 2009. Soundtrack by Paul Kraushaar and Shay Dillon at Para-Sight Records. Triboro Pictures. Michael Gunther.
2. The Sundance Wives: The Gates of Doogun Hill (Development/Pre-Production/Production/Distribution) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater -2010 Triboro Pictures. Michael Gunther.
3. Dominga Rio of Cuero (In Pre-Development pipeline) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - 2010 Triboro Pictures. Michael Gunther.
4. Madam Blaze Starr: Whiskey and Sagebrush Truth in Eights and Aces (In Pre-Development pipeline) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - 2010
Triboro Pictures. Michael Gunther.
5. Lesbian: The Art of Erotique (In Production) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - in Affiliation with The Sundance Wives.
6. Jett Durango. Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater now in adaptation. (2011). Filmmaker/Director Wendy Crouse. Soundtrack by Paul Kraushaar and Shay Dillon of Para-Sight Records.
Copyright Ms. Sage Sweetwater, firebrand lesbian novelist