· Boomer the Bengal Cat by Karen Pitchford
· Harry Spotter the Incontinent Puppy by Paige Hanson
· Dream I Can by Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Believe I Can By Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Believe & Dream Find Their Way Home by S. Gallucci 2006
· Miss Amy's Hurray for Rhyme it's Story Time
· Rest in Peace, Mr. Bennet
· Ladies of the Festival
· Thanks Leigh
· Love will find the key...
· My BIG Idea 2 By Asa Sellers (10 yrs old)
· Soda Pop Falls
· 200+ Students Today
· Art Class Today
· The Ravioli Monster!
· Art by a child with Autism
· WTBQ Radio NY - The Frank Truatt Morning Show
· 1480 WHBC Morning Radio Show - Canton, Ohio
· KXYL FM Radio Interview Brownwood, TX
· WTLN: Public Service Announcement regarding AUTISM
· The Apopka Chief April 27, 2007
· FRONT PAGE!!! Apopka Chief April 20, 2007
· The Planter Newspaper April 13, 2007
· Apopka MY TOWN Magazine April 5, 2007
· The Apopka Chief March 23, 2007
· The Apopka Chief News July 28, 2006
· Inspiration sneaks up again...
· Thank You ♥Jesus
· HONEY ♥ BEAR
· The Daintiest Ballerina
· Before & After Make-Over... Dirty old DOGS!
· Le Salon.... Meoooow!
· “Mommy’s Little ♥ Fan Club”
· Memories Re-surfacing
· Chick from P.A.
· Christmas Eve Adventure
· Online Article: what to do in Mt Dora .com
· EVERYTHING LAKE MAGAZINE Sept. 2012 Issue
· Limited Edition, Signed & Numbered Private Label Wine Bottles for Event!
· Art Reveal to benefit AUTISM SPEAKS
· Lighthouse of Mount Dora starts the reveal
· New Gallery, New Series ready to launch!
· Freddy Frog is new mascott
· Memories of Mount Dora Preview Oct 22, 2012
Amy Sellers, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Rotarians give grant to Autism Charity
5/24/2007 11:25:00 AM
by Amy Sellers
|On Thursday, May 24th, Amy Sellers accepted a donation check on behalf of the Out of the Rain Society, Inc. Portions of the proceeds enabled the charity to donate children's books to deserving elementary school children.
(Pictured Top Right: Jim Pinckney. Pictured Below: Deborah Duda, Amy Sellers, Kari Flores, Andrew Sellers, Asa Sellers).
Jim Pinckney, President of the Apopka Rotary Club, passed along a donation check to the Out of the Rain Society, Inc.
Amy Sellers, founder of the Autism charity, is also an Apopka Rotarian. Two weeks ago she was a guest speaker at the Orlando Rotary meeting. A member of the Orlando Rotary has passed along information to Amy and the charity about a family that has three young children who all have autism. The parents are having financial difficulty and reached out to the community for help.
"80% of the grant money will be passed along the the deserving family, " says Amy. "The other 20% was used to produce children's books that will benefit deserving children in the community."
Deborah Duda, Principle of the Zellwood Elementary School, received 28 books that she will pass along to deserving children and classrooms for her school.
Kari Flores, President of the PTA of Dream Lake Elementary School, received 28 books that she will pass along to deserving children and classrooms for her school.
The Rotarians also passed along 10 other grants to other deserving non-profit organizations in the Apopka area.
For more information on the Apopka Rotarians, or the Out of the Rain Society, Inc. please contact Amy Sellers amycsellers.yahoo.com