TO YOU, FROM ME, is a comprehensive look at C. A. Webb's activities within the Arts. It provides information to keep others abreast of events that C. A. Webb is participating in, as well as new projects. You may contact Webb at (601) 896.5616.
Newsletter Dated: 1/12/2007 10:45:55 AM
Subject: Conversations Book Club Schedule--- Jan/February 2007
Conversations Book Club (www.thebestbookclub.info), in connection with marketing firm For The People Productions (www.forthepeopleproductions.com), are pleased to release its upcoming book club discussions at Medgar Evers Library (4215 Medgar Evers Blvd) in Jackson, MS.
The book club meets on Tuesdays and Fridays at 6p.m. CST, and continue to be committed to connecting book lovers with the authors they love and the books they can't get enough of! Since its introduction in November 2006, Conversations has set itself apart from other book clubs by being the only one that brings the author into each and every book club discussion, either in person or via conference call. That means that no matter what author they are talking about, those in attendance can ask the questions they want to get the answers to directly from the author!
* Friday, January 26, 2007 --- author Theresa Gonsalves, the real life "Billy Jean" of Michael Jackson's popular song. She talks about her life and her novel OBSESSIONS, which chronicles her relationship with Michael Jackson and the obsession that almost claimed her life.
FOR CONVERSATIONS BOOK CLUB, FEBRUARY IS "KNOW THYSELF MONTH.
* Tuesday, February 6, 2007 --- poet/author HICKSON will be discussing his book of poetry GHETTO HEAT, how it was chosen for HBO's hit show THE WIRE and how his life as a Hip-Hopreneur has garnered him respect with the urban community through the written word.
Friday, February 9, 2007 --- bestselling author Bakari Kitwana will be discussing his blockbuster book WHY WHITE KIDS LOVE HIPHOP, VH1's new reality show THE WHITE RAPPER SHOW and why he believes Hiphop is a permanent fixture in pop culture.
* Tuesday, February 13, 2007 --- bestselling author Mary B. Morrison, the reign princess of erotic fiction discusses the success of her career, her visit to Mississippi coming in April 2007 and her recent collaboration with Carl Weber in SHE AIN'T THE ONE.
* Tuesday, February 20, 2007 --- Derrick L. Briggs, founder of the "Books are Sexy" bookclub will discuss his work in the arts and why he began an organization designed to encourage reading among men, especially those who are same-gender-loving.
* Friday, February 23, 2007 --- national bestselling author Gloria Mallette discusses the ups and downs of publishing and marketing as well as the stories behind her blockbusters WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK and IF THERE BE PAIN.
For additional information about Conversations Book Club and its meetings, contact Librarian Laura Turner at 601.982.2867 or Stanley Clark (FTP President) at 773.344.7220. You can also find details at www.thebestbookclub.info.