"Fields' Ten Uncommandments" and "Fields' Ten Commandments" are enforcers of negative and positive behavior, respectively. Both have been tested and validated in the livingness of unsuccessful and unhappy and successful and happy people. It is now clear that these Ten Uncommandments lead to destructiveness and unhappiness and these Ten Commandments lead to health and happiness.
1. Can't - is a denial of one's self and acceptance of powerlessness.
2. Should - there are no shoulds, woulds, or oughts, only what is.
3. Because - rationalization and excuse for not taking responsibility.
4. Believe - is an unexperiential way of knowing ...not knowing.
5. Luck - everything that happens is governed by universal laws.
6. If - expressed as "if only," "if it were not for you."...a cop out.
7. Try - trying is pretending. Try to walk, don't walk...try.
8. Never - or its counterpart always, disregards change and possibility.
9. Same - everything in its specificity is different and unique.
10. Tomorrow - tomorrow and yesterday are unrealities.
Fields' Ten Commandments
1. To be myself - Only by being myself can I be authentic.
2. To live in the now - being here now and now here I am able to create, love and enjoy.
3. To love unconditionally - Love loves, it needs no other reason to love.
4. To say no and not feel guilty - I have a right to say no and feel good about my decision.
5. To be the center of my own world - My world is my world and I will be center stage in it.
6. To ask for pleasure but not demand it...or beg for it - I will pursue pleasure and accept yes or no gracefully to the response.
7. To value play as much as work - Play is honorable, healthy and fun.
8. To learn something new each day - This means daily growth.
9. To be my own best friend - Self-love is first love...me first.
10. To be happy now - I choose to be happy just as I choose to eat.
Copyright 2009 by Uriah J. Fields