Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, November 11, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
EVERY day should be Veteran's Day. Not just on certain days or when convenient ... THANK YOU to all who serve(d) and sacrifice(d).
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
'Thank you' is not enough to
repay service and sacrifice,
but it's all I have.
Because of you, I am free.
Free to live, love, choose my
Free to be anything. Do
They say nothing in life is free.
That freedom comes at a
terrible price, one paid not
only by the warrior, but by
their family, as well.
(All gave some.
Some gave all.)
REMEMBER THE COST.
If honoring you is all I have to
If remembering is all I have to
You paid that price. You had
my back. Now, I've got yours.
THANK YOU, VETERANS.
© 2011, Karla Dorman (11/11)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Mary Lacey, Desertrat
Perhaps I'm rating a little off the date, but what this is about, is true everyday. Thank you for reminding of our honored veterans. This is a wonderful tribute.
|Reviewed by D. Vaineo
|Karla, Beautifully written and truefully stated!
|Reviewed by Christine Tsen
|Wonderful words...you have written this with such awakened empathy and gratitude!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, our freedom is a gift at the expense of every life, battle scar and ounce of selfless sacrifice our veterans have given throughout our nation's long history -- I salute them each and every one -- my salute to you as one of them -- I bid joy, love and peace my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by C. McGovern-Bowen
|Wise words, Karla.
Freedom is not free.
Bless our Veterans- past, present, and future!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Amen! And thank YOU for YOUR Air Force service, Karla! +SALUTE!!+ Happy Veteran's Day to you too! Great reminder; I will always remember!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your(grateful) twin sis, Karen Lynn. :D