Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, May 28, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Four years ago today, my big, strong Daddy passed away. Felt all the more keenly since today is Memorial Day.
'For Daddy,' © 2012, Karla Dorman
They say to 'Let go.' 'He's gone.' 'Wishing him
back won't make it so.' 'GET OVER IT.' How
painfully true that is but I'm afraid. I don't hear
his voice any more: all I have are a couple
of photographs and fading memories. I miss
hearing his heart beating against my ears. I
miss the feel of his big, strong arms around
me. The man deserves more than that -- he
served his country, along with his four
brothers. They all came home, thank God,
but they march to Heaven's orders now. Four
years ago today, he passed away. On this
Memorial Day, I want him to know just this:
I love you, Daddy. Thank you for your service.
Thank you for being my Daddy, for showing me
what it means to be loved: I miss you so much.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Phyllis Jean Green
I am so sorry you lost him. Though you never completely lose someone you love that much, do you. He is watching over you, I am sure.
You are still making him proud!
Always stay you,
|Reviewed by Darrell and Kathy Adams
|Having just lost my dad who also served, I feel your pain so freshly. You have said what I could not. Beautiful.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla I know your Daddy is smiling down and very proud of you, perhaps your Daddy and my Nonno are swapping stories in Heaven, beautiful poem!!!
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, your father's legacy is one to be proud of - service to country and he raised a very fine daughter - I wish love and peace my dear - Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Vivian Dawson
|Such beautiful love emanating from
"Daddy's Girl" *Sweet Karla* !!!!
Lady Vivian, and all my military family...
including grandson USMC, returned from 2nd
tour in Afghanistan....Semper Fi, My Friend
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|Such a heartfelt memory, Karla. My father passed in 2006. He was not a veteran, but was accepted by the local American Legion and VFW as practically one of their members. He tried to sign up in 1941, but was drummed out for medical reasons.
|Reviewed by Deborah Tornillo
|Karla: Your Daddy is very blessed to have a wonderful daughter who will NEVER FORGET, or NEVER GET OVER IT. I know what you mean losing a Daddy and missing him so much. Memorial Day and everyday he's remembered and honored for his service to our country. Thank you for sharing this heartfelt tribute to him.
God Bless You,
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Daddy would be proud to see this beautiful, heartfelt tribute to him! He lives on in US and we will make sure he is NEVER forgotten! We were blessed to have him as long as we did! Well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
|Sad yet an excellent write Karla
chrish his memory
Love & Peace be with you
|Reviewed by Budd Nelson
Your daddy is smiling today and he waits for you when time is right.