David A. Schwinghammer
· Soldier's Gap
· Fisher of Men, Chapter 8
· Honest Thief, Tender Murderer, Chapter Eight
· Mengele's Double, Chapter Eight
· Bereavement Blues
· Fisher of Men, Chapter 7
· Speed Dating With 'Janeane Garofalo'
· The Cynic
· Honest Thief, Tender Murderer - Chapter Seven
· Mengele's Double, Chapter 7
· Mengele's Double, Chapter Six
· The Nuclear Option
· Empty Mansions, book review
· Pilgrim's Wilderness, book review
· WWII Cartoonist, book review
· Write Yourself Into a Corner, book review
· Roanoke Island, book review
· Billboard Theology
· Baghdad Without a Map, book review
· Into the Wild, book review
· The Zookeeper's Wife (review)
· Girls Who Wear Glasses
· The Do Drop Inn
· Ode to Neve Campbell
· Jacks or Better 101
· Never My Love
· 3 O'Clock
David A. Schwinghammer, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Too old to play.
Alumni Game (a sonnet)
“Old man, you run way too slow for me.
How can you play with the golden-haired young?
We have endurance; you can’t compete for long.
Give up, we’ll run circles ‘round you; you’ll see.”
“But we’ve got brains, you misguided punk.
We’ll zone you. You’ll miss those thirty footers.
And don't forget, your coach is one of our supporters.
Strategy outweighs brawn, dreams go kaplunk.”
It was war. There was blood on the floor.
There was a flagrant technical, elbows flew.
Pride outweighed sportsmanship. We had to win.
Blisters, floor burns; please God, no more.
Referees hanging from the hoops, a motley crew.
45-2, the oldies take it on the chin.