My Father’s Day Story
I am now on Route 66. Yes that’s my age so what could I possibly want for Father’s Day? The answer is what I don’t want.
I don’t want to:
- Arrive at age 67 and be the same weigh (or heavier) next year.
- Not be able to tie my own shoes or clip my toe nails (heavy weights know what that feels like).
- Be closer to becoming a diabetic like my father (he died of a massive stroke because he kept gaining weight).
- Feel numb with back pain because I am putting too much pressure on my spine.
- Take prescription drugs for that pain
- Not be able to walk a few miles in order to get enjoyable exercise.
- Not be able to participate in certain sports because I cannot move freely.
- Not be able to roll in the grass and play with my grandchildren
- This list can go on and on…
So since I am an educator by trade I decided to become a Health Coach. I am presently in training but I am also shedding unwanted pounds in the process. I also have a Health Coach who checks my progress and keeps me motivated. So, where am I headed? I am going down, down, down!
Today I am feeling much better than last week and better than the week before. I have no reason to want to backslide. I am happier, healthier and I just want to learn more.
So join me on this journey towards better health. It’s something we cannot place a price tag on. What is it really worth to get from out of an overweight mess? No one can assess what is priceless.
Dr. John Michael Domino