I should have tried to do something to prevent Howie from getting into trouble like this.
Because of my stupid mistake, my best friend is fighting for his life.
I dared him to drink several beers: guzzle them down, actually. Not to mention, a couple of wine coolers.
He drank so much alcohol he ended up poisoning himself and now lies in ICU, getting that crap pumped out of his system. He is currently in extremely critical condition.
They don't know if he will make it.
My parents are understandably furious at me. I highly doubt that I will be able to get out of this house until next year sometime. It looks like any Fourth of July plans I had with friends have been cancelled .... and probably my plans for Labor Day, back to school, Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving, and Christmas have, too.
I don't know what possessed me into daring Howie to drink as much alcohol as he did. I guess I wanted to see if he would actually do it (he did), and when he started getting wasted, he was acting all hilarious; I figured the more he drank, the funnier he would become.
Never in my wildest dreams did I even think that he would eventually pass out and then throw up on his own vomit. When I saw him choking, I panicked and called the ambulance. The paramedics were at the scene within moments (though it seemed like hours).
After the paramedics left with Howie inside the ambulance, I got the biggest ass chewing of my life. Don't blame the 'rents for getting sore at me. I acted irresponsibly and now because of it, my best friend may be dying.
I don't know what is gonna happen to Howie, but one thing is for certain: if he dies, I don't think I could ever forgive myself!
~To be continued.~