· Prime-Time Crime Time
· Ninety-Nine Novellas, Part II
· Ninety-Nine Novellas
· Shakespeare Salaciously Satirized
· Modern Mythology
· UFO: Utterly Fantastic Occurrences
· Time Travel Tales
· Suite 16
· London: Lashed, Lacerated, Lampooned and Lambasted
· Twain: Tattered, Trounced, Tortured and Traumatized
· My Ubiquitous Acquaintance
· Winter Solstice, 2012
· The Table Drawer
· Ron Coyote, Man of La Mangia
· 50s Greaser Novel: 2 Chapters
· Catty Cat Catching
· Life on the Blueberry Farm
· Williamsburg Field Trips
· A Tale of Two Counties
· Local Legend Transcends Medical Technology
· Why Mitt Romney Pays Only 13% and Not 35% Income Taxes
· Public School Socialism
· Wall Street Protesters Don't Value American Capitalism
· Darwin, Einstein and John Dewey
· Environmental Greenies Are Very Dangerous People
· Anti-Health Care Reform Town Hall Protesters
· Oil, Savings and American Politics
· Refrigerators and Vats Can Save Schools Money
· Holiday Crisis in American Public Schools
· The Problems With Democracy
· Bookwire (Bowker) Recommends 40 Jay Dubya Hardcover/Paperback Books
· BookWire (Bowkers) Recommends 21 Jay Dubya Books
· 44 Jay Dubya Books Now In Kindle & Nook
· 1,600 Pages, Jay Dubya's Ninety-Nine Novellas
· Smashwords Longest Book Is Shakespeare Salaciously Satirized
· Jay Dubya: 3 New e-books
· Jay Dubya teacher Book Top Product Search at Amazon France and Amazon Japan
Jay Dubya, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
||February 1, 2009
Buy your copy!
Download to your Kindle (eBook)
Download to your Nook (eBook)
Barnes & Noble.com
Jay Dubya Books
Snake Eyes and Boxcars is a collection of fourteen sci-fi/paranormal stories. Two of the tales are written in the first person and the other twelve authored in the third person writing style. The newly published work is author Jay Dubya's twelfth story collection.
“The Second Civil War” 1
“The Bad Old Days” 15
“A Grave Undertaking” 29
“The UFO Truth” 45
“The Steel Pier” 59
“Perseus II” 69
“Real Estate Bonanza” 83
“Live Free or Die” 97
“The Fabulous ‘50s” 109
“Ignorance Is Bliss” 125
“Hotel Paradise” 137
“Changing Scenes” 149
“The Cruisers” 161
“The Music Portal” 171
Reviews for "Snake Eyes and Boxcars"
|Reviewed by Jay Dubya
|Snake Eyes and Boxcars
Snake Eyes and Boxcars: The rolls of dice in any Atlantic City or Las Vegas casino meaning the numbers two and twelve. In this unique collection of fourteen short story/novellas, the first tale “The Second Civil War” and the last one “The Music Portal” are written in the first person where the narrator describes the action using the pronouns I, me, my, and mine, which is in stark contrast to the other twelve sci-fi/paranormal tales sandwiched in between, the dozen other stories being written in the more common third person expository style of literary presentation.
Snake Eyes and Boxcars is author Jay Dubya’s eleventh sci-fi/paranormal story collection and his twelfth story collection overall. Other works by this prolific author are Pieces of Eight, Pieces of Eight, Part II, Pieces of Eight, Part III and Pieces of Eight, Part IV. Nine New Novellas, Nine New Novellas, Part II, Nine New Novellas, Part III and Nine New Novellas, Part IV are written in the “Pieces of Eight” spirit along with recent works One Baker’s Dozen and Two Baker’s Dozen. RAM: Random Articles and Manuscripts is a collection of 38 mostly non-fiction writings.
Jay Dubya is John Wiessner’s pen name and also his initials (J.W.). John is the author of 33 books, is married to wife Joanne and the couple has three grown sons. John Wiessner is a retired New Jersey public school English teacher of 34 years and he and Joanne live in Hammonton, NJ USA.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!